Some weeks you have to dig a little deeper but this week the stuff that made me smile…
1. Watching the dark sombre French film Amour at our local cinema ….that still has an interlude. I actually start anticipating the fluorescent interlude about ten minutes before it happens. Amaze bob
2. Going to the pub after the above said film with two lovely squishy fab mates knowing it’s a school night and you’re going to regret that third glass of wine. But not really.
3. Comforting a friend after she lost her poor cat. No reason to smile at the puddy cats demise but at her love for it and her stories of her four legged friend coming for walks with her for miles. Awww.
4. Pink iced butterfly cakes. With sprinkles. And edible flowers. Some colleagues know how to get on your best side. Yum.
5. Sharing a birthday Prosecco with a friend. I love the shape of that bottle!
6. Buying your nephews curly wurlys and watching them eye them up when you visit and stare at them until you remember to say they can have them!
7. Seeing a glimpse of my boy when he didn’t expect it as he’s walking home from high school with his mate and being worried you’ll embarrass him but actually he waves excitedly and runs over to say hello. Aww.
8. Getting a mention on Radio 1. Random but fun. I’m way out of their ‘catchment’ age too!
9. Buying a pressi for a certain someone’s birthday coming up soon, my daughter and she’s 15! Brings all those memories back of the awesomness of seeing her for the first time. I love buying pressis, just wish my bank balance was in agreement!
10. Sausage salad. Merlot. Tv. Electric blanket. Friday. Quiet. Home. Bliss.