I try more and more to air on the side of positivity these days. Writing really helps, even if it is just a few lines and mostly I go by the theory that life is pretty good, we just forget that sometimes.
I was making a list today of things that have made me happy or made me smile during the last couple of weeks, and in no particular order I thought I’d share them.
1. I won at Monopoly, winning isn’t everything, but to be honest it is (I had 26 houses by the way – in one hour). I get a terrible sense of achievement from having to watch my opponents (err family) having to mortgage most of their properties. Shame on me.
2. I won at bowling. Don’t worry there is no theme here and it is pure coincidence that both appear at the top of my list. It is. Not only did I win but I find myself comparing my score with that of others playing next to me. People I don’t know. As my son often says, I’m embarrassing.
3. My nephew. He’s pretty smart. I hid all the eggs during the Easter egg hunt at my mum’s house in the garden, still covered in over a foot of snow. After spending a quite decent amount of time ‘hiding’ them. He happily told me, I know where they all are, I’ll just follow your foot prints. Smarty pants.
4. Running around the snow like a loon trying to cover the said footprints.
5. Listening to an old skool dance tune on the ipad – I feel love by CRW. Amazing.
6. Making an Easter chocolate cake while dancing to above said tune. Yum.
7. Trying to decide on an a theme for our next party and getting confused when my friend text and said Cowboys & Indians and Hawaiian. I thought she meant all three and couldn’t see where the pineapple would fit in to be honest. I later learnt, it was a choice. Personally I’m still sticking with Grease and I am Rizzo. OK.
8. Using my new orange picnic backpack with my new flask and metal cups – WITH HANDLES on the top of the Llandegla forest, hiking through 4ft of snow. Bliss.
9. Being thanked by a colleague for being ‘so supportive’ who then kissed me on my cheek and had tears in her eyes! Awww. That was so sweet.
10. Being told that someone had got a new job from an advert on my facebook site. That was sooooooooo cool!
11. Watching the boat race on the BBC and hearing the cox swear, that made me really laugh. Childish!
12. It made me smile trying to teach my grandad to use his new iphone that he had bought himself on e-bay. He kept telling me how clever I was and I kept thinking how fabulous he was, that he wanted to buy himself an iphone at 83. Brilliant.
13. My mum’s scones with jam. One word. Lush.
14. That I found my toasted sandwich machine and made myself a *new* sandwich, pesto, avocado and mozzarella. Oh my. Scrummy.
15. That I bothered to get up and join in the village car boot sale this morning, earning myself £32 which I then spent on wine, coal and diet-coke. All lifes essentials.
16. The biggest smile came from not being in work, being at home, staying in bed, reading, writing, spending time with the fam.